Modernisation of Byczyna – Jamki and Byczyna – Koksochemia 220 kV line
The route of the line runs through the area of the Silesian Province (voivodship). The Byczyna – Jamki line in the section from Byczyna substation to the No 50 pylon shares the supporting structures with the Byczyna – Koksochemia line.
The scope of modernisation works includes two 220 kV line sections:
- Byczyna – Jamki, with the length of about 36 km, and
- Byczyna – Koksochemia, – with the length of about 29,5 km,
The modernisation is to ensure the power supply stability in a very important element of the transmission network development in the country southern part.
The work will be carried out as two tasks:
- modernisation of the Byczyna – Jamki line, including reconstruction of a line section,
- modernisation of the Byczyna – Koksochemia line.
Within the project framework the following works will be performed:
- repair and protection against corrosion of the foundations,
- replacement of the existing 11 support structures and foundations,
- the slack adjustment of phase/ground conductors,
- measurements and repair of earthings,
- supplementing and replacement of the damaged element of support structures,
- replacement of insulator strings,
- corrosion protection of the support structures,
- replacement of phase and grounding conductor fragments,
- construction of a single-circuit, over the forest section of the 220 kV Byczyna – Jamki line, together with a fibre optic duct, with total length of ca 1,6 km,
- adaptation of phase conductors of both lines to work at + 80ºC.
The goal of the works is to:
- improve the power supply reliability in adverse meteorological conditions,
- ensure power supply stability in the southern part of the country,
- improvement of the power transmission network.
The contract was concluded in May 2016. The formal/legal procedures and design works have already started.