Replacement of insulators in EHV electrical power lines and substations
The line route runs through various regions of Poland. It includes in total 7 provinces (voivodship).
The scope of modernisation works includes five lines and one substation:
- Tucznawa – Tarnów and Tucznawa – Rzeszów 2×400 kV line,
- Pasikurowice – Dobrzeń 400 kV line,
- Mokrzyn – Police 220 kV line,
- Glinki – Police 220 kV line and
- Ełk 220/110 kV substation.
The technical methodology of the insulator string replacement is based on the application of two independent protective systems, with the following duties:
- for a suspension string: taking over the weight of the conductor suspended under the insulator string – release of the conductor, and in the next stage – replacement with a new insulator string,
- for a tension string: taking over the tension caused by the conductor/bundle suspended by the insulator string – release of the conductor, and in the next stage – replacement with a new insulator string,
Replacement of insulator strings is one of the modernisation elements of the National Power System. It will lead to:
- reduction of the transmission limitations,
- ensuring of the reliability of power supply for a region,
- increase of the line operation safety and improvement of its working parameters, affecting the environment of the line.
The contract was concluded in May 2016, while the modernisation works started in November of the same year.