Our company from the beginning of its activity, originally as a state-owned company, and since 1992 as an LLC with 100% Polish capital, operates in the high and extra-high voltage power engineering construction sector. In the whole operation period we’ve constructed or modernised a few thousand kilometres of power transmission lines and hundreds of 110 kV, 220 kV and 400 kV substations, located over the whole territory of Poland, and in particular in its southern and western areas.
Elbud Katowice has repeatedly made itself known as a fully reliable contractor for the operators of electrical power distribution and transmission systems in situations where it is necessary to quickly fix failures, despite extremely difficult weather and terrain conditions.
It should be also mentioned that Elbud Katowice for many years consistently develops its potentials by investing in the employee development and new technologies. This has been confirmed by numerous awards for the implementation and application of modern solutions, being the result of proprietary technical ideas and inspiration of our employees. In particular, it should be mentioned that, as the first company in Poland:
- we built 400 kV (1964) and 750 kV (1984) substations;
- we built a double-circuit 400 kV power transmission line (1976);
- we used a helicopter to put up 110 kV transmission towers (1982);
- we applied composite insulators in 220 kV (1996) and 400 kV (1997) lines;
- we built a 400 kV cable line in the Pątnów substation (2007);
- we built a GIS technique 400 kV electrical switchgear in the Pątnów substation (2007);
- we introduced a methodology of so called longitudinal gate allowing line assembly without switching off the objects being crossed over – a proprietary technique (2001);
- we implemented a methodology of overhead power line unwinding using helicopter, being particularly useful for over-forest lines – a proprietary technique (2006);
- we built a 400 kV line as a turnkey project, including the acquisition of land for the line construction and establishment of the easement (Ostrów–Rogowiec/Trębaczew) (2004-2008);
- we built a 400 kV line on tubular pylons (Pasikurowice–Wrocław) (2011);
- we built a GIS technique 400/220/110 kV substation (SE Ołtarzew) (2013).
As a first power transmission construction company in Poland we implemented in 1997
the ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
In our so far performance records, Elbud Katowice has built all facilities within the scheduled deadlines
and received positive investors’ opinions during the acceptance of completed works.